Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Review Your Shot

One of my favorite benefits of filming my own hunts (or filming someone else's) would be that I can immediately review my shot placement on the animal right in my tree or blind.  Why does this matter?  Well, in the heat of the moment, it is very easy to be mistaken on where the arrow or bullet impacted your game.  However, if you rewind the tape, you should be able to verify the placement which will tell you when you should begin blood trailing the animal. 
There have been many times that the hunter has cheered that his shot was perfect.  Then they watch the tape and their joy turns a little less intense.  I have also seen this work in reverse as well.  I have taken shots and been unsure of my hit, but the tape has told the real story and all was good.
So, there is one more benefit to filming your own hunt.  Be sure to keep your lens clean, put the camera on a camera support like the Pro-Bow-Cam and hit record.  The results are awesome!

Until next time...I'm rolling!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment